Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oscar Night

As many of you know, the Academy Awards are one of the most important ceremonies in the film industry. Actors, writers, directors, and other artists are honored and recognized for their work on this night. The 2012 Oscars are on Sunday February 29, and once again, I will most likely only be watching from my television. A few years ago, after watching the ceremony with a friend, I promised myself that one day I would be THERE, either on stage, in the audience, or present in some other fashion. It is my dream to immerse myself in the films and to be a part of them, and to talk with other actors and directors (and writers, of course) who know the industry and have had the privilege to be part of it. As an aspiring actress and screenwriter, I wistfully watch as others take part in film history and know that this year is not my time. I know that I can do it, and given the chance, I will go. But not this year, apparently. Not this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment